We are looking for a Youth Worker Apprentice who will work as a Youth Support Worker Apprentice specialising in substance misuse amongst young people. You will be required to complete a 2-year training programme that will cover all aspects of the role and will be delivered through attendance at college or other distance learning methods delivered by UCAN. You will complete a Level 3 Youth Support Worker Apprenticeship; upon completion you will gain a Level 3 Youth Support Worker Qualification.
£12,045.51 per annum
37.5 hours per week.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate a Willingness and ability to complete a Level 3 Youth Support Worker qualification and a willingness to complete an initial assessment in Maths, English and ICT and undertake Maths and English functional skills if required.
Candidates will also need to demonstrate experience of working with young people in either a paid or unpaid capacity and a knowledge of issues facing young people today.
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Base on a 2-year Youth Work Apprenticeship in the role of Youth Worker Apprentice - Substance Misuse.
The apprenticeship is expected to start in September 2022.
Duties of the role will include:
- Supporting drop-ins within schools, colleges and other partner agencies.
- Supporting the direct delivery of group work, targeted and non-targeted.
- Conducting outreach alongside the existing team and the Kirklees Detached Youth Work team.
- Promotional events/work within educational and other settings.
- Offering peer support to young people who enter service.
- Some administration work and supporting social media.
- A potential for supporting and delivering 1:1 work.
How to apply:
For more information and to apply, please visit: Youth Worker Apprentice -Huddersfield
Closing date - 4th July 2022
Interview Date - 14th July 2022