The successful candidate will work towards a level 2 qualification in childcare.
£4.30 per hour
Typically 40 hours per week.
Minimum GCSE grade 4/C or above in English Language and maths.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To make a positive contribution to the work of the nursery, in particular, by ensuring that high quality early learning and play services are provided to children and young people
- To keep abreast of legislation, guidelines, policies to ensure the Early Years Foundation Stage requirements are met at all times enabling the delivery of high quality provision
- To establish and maintain positive working relationships with parents/carers in a way that supports children’s learning and development and values parental involvement both at nursery and at home
- To plan and provide safe, appropriate, child-led and adult initiated experiences, activities and play opportunities in indoor, outdoor and in out-of-setting contexts, which enable children to develop and learn
- To ensure that a caring and stimulating environment is provided for children that takes into account individual developmental needs and enables children to reach their full potential
- To promote parents’ understanding of child development and early learning as a crucial factor in their children’s achievement at school and future life chances.
- Work effectively as part of wider team
- Take and follow verbal instruction
- Interpret and follow written procedures
- Form effective bonds with children, families, colleagues and other professionals
- Be consistently courteous, professional and respectful.
- The desire to see children flourish
- A passion for making a difference in the life of young children
- The ability to focus on studies as well as a full time working role
- Relationship building - you and your colleagues will need to form strong bonds and relationships with the children parent/carers and their wide family.
How to apply
To apply, click here.