How to get MyDirections

Whether you are a school or college in Calderdale or Kirklees or from an institution further afield, MyDirections will provide students from Years 7 to 13 with the information they need to make informed career decisions. You can use MyDirections to monitor and assess the career readiness of your students and tailor career activities to meet their needs. Using MyDirections also helps provide evidence for quality assessments of your careers provision, such as Gatsby Benchmarks, the Quality in Careers Standard and Ofsted. 

When first using MyDirections, students complete a simple assessment of their career readiness and their subject, route and sector preferences. This means they receive careers content matched to their choices, their year group - and also tailored to the time of year they are accessing the site. As this information is saved, it can be used to support career discussions with their adviser or others. For institutions, this information is invaluable in identifying those that may need extra support with their career decision-making, as well as helping to monitor student engagement with your careers education programme. 

MyDirections for schools and colleges in Calderdale and Kirklees

Students from schools and colleges in Calderdale and Kirklees can access MyDirections for free. We need learner data from institutions to enable us to set up individual usernames and passwords. If you are interested in students from your school or college using MyDirections, please contact

MyDirections for organisations outside Calderdale and Kirklees

Most of the information in MyDirections is not specific to Calderdale and Kirklees, which means it can be used by students wherever they are in England. Any local content there is, can be switched off and other areas and institutions can add their own information if they so wish. If you are interested in seeing a demo of MyDirections and discussing costs, please contact

How to get advice

If you are a young person, or the parent or carer of a young person, living in Calderdale or Kirklees, you can contact C+K for careers information, advice and guidance. 

If you live outside Calderdale and Kirklees and want careers advice, please contact the National Careers Service.

If you are from a school, college or local authority and would like your students to access MyDirections, please click on the button below for more information.